You are here
Welcome to Online Booking Support
Here we offer useful info and solutions regarding the online booking. If you can't find the information you are looking for here, please, contact our Call Center.
Not available in the online booking
- Buses, animal transport (e.g. dog teams and horses) and over 12-m-long vehicles are to be booked via Call Center only. Vehicles carrying commercial goods and vehicles registered for commercial transportation are booked as cargo.
- Bookings where both standard- and special-priced ferry trips are combined.
- Different amount of passengers or vehicles on the return part of the trip than on the outbound trip.
- More than two pets in a booking.
- More than nine passengers in a booking.
- If there are multiple passengers on the booking, you can book the berths in a shared cabin only via our call centers. The berths are available only on the Helsinki–Travemünde route.
- Recliner seats are available only on the Helsinki–Travemünde route during the summer. The recliner seats are not sold for children under 13 years.
- When is cabin booking compulsory?
- Cabin booking is compulsory on evening and night departures.
- When travelling with pets, booking a pet cabin is always compulsory – also on morning and day departures.
- Booking a recliner seat or a bed in a shared cabin is possible only on the Travemünde–Helsinki line.
Recliner Seats are not suitable or bookable for children under 13 years, available only during summer season on the Travemünde–Helsinki route.
Bed in a Shared Cabin is not suitable or bookable for children under 13 years, not available when travelling with pets either.
On the route Travemünde–Helsinki Junior or Owner’s Suite is suitable for up to two adults with children aged 0–17 years.
- When is online booking not in use?
You can book a trip online until check-in for the desired departure is opened. After the check-in has opened the booking must be done via Call Center or at the harbour. Exceptions are departures from Travemünde to Helsinki, where the online booking must be made at 19:00 o'clock at the latest.
- Which browser should I use when booking a ferry trip online?
Finnlines’ online booking system is compatible with most common browsers. We recommend to use the newest browser versions. Internet Explorer is an outdated browser and it is not supported by the online booking system.
- Methods of payment
Online booking can be paid with Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard or Maestro. Direct banking is possible in Finland via Aktia, Danske Bank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, Oma Säästöpankki, OP, POP Pankki, S-Pankki, Säästöpankki and Ålandsbanken. Bookings in euro can be paid via PayPal.
- Online payments
When you pay your trip online, please, wait until the browser returns from your online bank to our booking system. Only this way your payment will be saved in our online booking system and you get a booking confirmation to your e-mail.
If you close your online bank’s payment window inadvertently before your browser returns to our online booking system, your booking will be cancelled even though you would have successfully paid for your trip. In this case, please, contact our Call Center.