NordöLink, Border Checks
Information to Our Customers on Border Checks
Today, November 11, 2015 at 20:00 announced the Government of Sweden to temporarily facing border checks on entry to Sweden, from Germany and Denmark, starting tomorrow, November 12, 2015 at 12:00.
The decision is valid for 10 days and can be renewed at intervals of 20 days.
The reasons given for the decision are:
- The uncontrolled flow of refugees poses a threat to internal order in Sweden, and national security.
- A large number of incoming refugees disappear after arrival in Sweden.
- Unaccompanied children have disappeared in large numbers.
The direct consequence of this is that in all arrivals by ferry to Sweden, from the German or Danish ports, the Swedish Police will carry out so-called Immigration control at our terminal in Malmö. The check will cover all passenger types as foot passengers, motorists and freight units.
The basic requirements to qualify for entry into Sweden is given to:
- Valid travel document in accordance with current EU rules, which means ID document confirming identity and nationality that in the current situation is
- National identity card according to EU standard (annexed) or valid Passport. Legal reasons which can be substantiated EU citizenship or possession of Visas for third country nationals (non-EU citizens).
- The person intending to apply for Asylum in Sweden.
The requirement in paragraph 1 shall always be met in order to be admitted, however, an exception is made for children accompanied by parents. In addition, always one of the grounds in paragraphs 2 or 3 has been fulfilled. For Asylum seekers apply when they should be further handled by the authority on location.
In case they do not meet these requirements, the person will be denied entry to Sweden and rejected on the spot.
Person under item 2 or 3 states that one must travel further to seek asylum in other countries, such as Finland or Norway, will be refused entry.
The check will also include a records check on the Schengen index and this reveals that an asylum applicant passengers registered in another EU country, so will the person be refused entry to Sweden.
Reference: Swedish police authority https://polisen.se/Aktuellt/Nyheter/2015/Nov/Tillfalligagranskontroller-...