Environmental policy and principles
Finnlines’ environmental policy defines the goals and principles underlying the Company’s environmental protection activities.
Finnlines’ objectives in environmental matters are:
- To rank among the leading companies in the industry regarding focus on the environment
- To provide safe, top-quality services while taking into account their environmental impact in every aspect of operations
- To use natural resources responsibly.
To reach these ambitious goals Finnlines:
- Places high priority on the environmental aspects of its operations in keeping with the requirements of sustainable development
- Observes existing environmental legislation unconditionally and follows upcoming regulations and prepares action plans as necessary
- Continuously focuses on environmental and safety matters
- Integrates environmental programmes and operations into its management systems
- Seeks to continuously improve its environmental programmes while considering the needs of technical development, its customers and other interested parties, as well as the demands imposed by society
- Trains its employees and encourages them to be environmentally responsible
- Revises contingency plans on the basis of identified environmental risks
- Promotes environmental responsibility in sea transport and port operations in general and follows developments in this field
Insists that its suppliers and subcontractors comply with the same environmental requirements
- Communicates its environmental obligations and performance within the Company and outside it
- Regularly measures the results of its environmental efforts.