Finnlines has been awarded the Sustainable Travel Finland label by Visit Finland. This is a recognition of Finnlines’ work on sustainability.
Finnlines is committed to long-term work for the environment by targeting investments in energy efficiency and eco-efficient services. Finnlines offers a sustainable way to travel as the company combines passenger and cargo transport, which increase the utilisation rate onboard ships.
- We are committed to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- We are committed to the IMO target to reduce CO2 emissions by 50% by 2050.
- We offer an eco-friendly, safe and secure way to travel with cargo.
- We operate a reliable seaway within Europe.
- We comply with the economic, ecological, social as well as cultural sustainability criteria set out by Visit Finland.
Sustainable Travel Finland label
Visit Finland has developed the Sustainable Travel Finland programme, which targets at Finnish tourism operators to develop more sustainable practices. Participants go through various phases, including mapping the current state and development needs. To qualify for the Sustainable Travel Finland label, a participant must meet economic, ecological, social as well as cultural criteria. The programme involves regular audits and renewal of the label.